Wednesday, January 17, 2007

IN THE BEGINNING...

...There was a blog (Common Sense Version 2.0), but I quickly forgot the password and could never update it. Soon there was a second blog (Common Sense Version 3.0, pretty original) but it became easier to avoid every day. There was a third blog (Notes from Planet Football) dedicated solely to my passion for football (soccer here in the States). But that too became easy not to bother with. With zero readers, who really cared?

Basically, three blogs died due to my sheer laziness in updating them.

But out of the ashes of those dead blogs comes this one. Dung!

With so many past failures, why try anew, you ask? Because now I'm ready to succeed. If at first you idiotically forget your password, try again. If then you simply become lazy, start two blogs at once. If those wither on the vine, well, what will one more failure hurt?

Actually, my wife started blogging, and she's good. Too damn good. I suspect ghost bloggers working round the clock in some small Asian country doing her evil bidding. I kid, I kid. But she's so darn good at it that my past failures suddenly felt embarrassing. I couldn't go down without a fight.

So I'm back, back again. Starting new in a New Year with a new blog. This one will be a combination of the two that died pathetically. I'll focus on the inane minutia of my little life and on the passion for the world's game.

And, in the grand tradition of all three dead blogs, nobody will read this one either! So I can do and say whatever I want, with no fear of complaints or agreement!

I'm giddy with the absolute power of total anonimity.

If a blog is posted in cyberspace and nobody reads it, does it make a sound?

In the weeks and months ahead, I shall be posting more regularly. If only to say to my wife, in the most immature voice ye shall ever lay ears on, "Well, my blog is updated too!"

So sit down, pull up a chair, and surf the web. Maybe, just maybe, you'll make a wrong turn and find this. I'm sure you won't read it, but maybe the title will make you chuckle as you move past.

Just so you don't think I'm a complete quitter, I do have one blog that is still out there. The little seen, completely meaningless "The Jeff Awards", detailing my own awards for film.

Now, it's time to hit the hay and forget this password too.

Be seeing you.

1 comment:

R.J. Keller said...

Try "obiwan." That's my password*.

It used to be "jdamon**," after Johnny Damon, but he turned traitor*** and so I had to change it.

But I know that Obi Wan Kenobi will never let me down****.


*Complete fabrication

**Another fabrication.

***Completely true.

****Also true.