Saturday, August 11, 2007

You Say It's Your Anniversary (Well, It's My Anniversary Too!)

Today's blog is dedicated exclusively to the Queen of the Dung Heap. No reading, watching, listening. No football. No views and news.

Because today is our special day.

August 11, 2001 was the day that we officially became man and wife. We unofficially became man and wife about a week before we met when I correctly answered a trivia question she e-mailed me. See, she said if I could get that one right, we would head to Vegas. I got it right (Billionaire Boys Club, baby!) and she was endowed to me.

But in reality, we married six years ago today. It was a whirlwind time. We met via the Love@AOL site on December 27, 1999. Had our first date on January 5, 2000 in which we dined at a chinese buffet, enjoyed some Dairy Queen, and went back to her place for a little S&M (that would be sodas and muffins, you pervs). She showed me some T&A (that would be tapes and albums, you pervs). I looked through her album of accomplishments, which was very impressive (married me a smart one!). The next day we headed to the Great White North of Michigan for a comedy night at Chiefs. Friday we took a break, sadly. Saturday we spent some time at my apartment where I made dinner, we watched some Shawshank on TNT (shocking! Shawshank on TNT?), than she got naked and made me keep my clothes on so that I'd have the most incredibly sore balls in Northern Indiana history after she left.

In March I officially moved into her place, because it was a nicer apartment. On July 5th we recreated our first date, only this time instead of T&A (talk and allegory, you pervs), I threw a ring at her and she said yes. Excitedly, she called her mother to tell her, interrupting Survivor.

And on August 11, 2001 we married. A beautiful ceremony in Coloma, Michigan followed by a fun reception in St. Joseph, Michigan. A good time was had by all, especially when they were supposed to not have a good time and shut up to watch our first dance.

It's been a great six years. We bought a house, had a child, got pregnant, watched some movies, and had some crazy S&M (that's sandwiches and milk, you pervs).

And today we celebrate our holy matrimony, flush with pride that those nasty homosexuals can't ruin the institution by participating in it (sarcasm alert. sarcasm alert.)

I love my wife. She puts up with a lot that others wouldn't. Such as my stupidity, silly songs, five years of burnt food on the grill, and soccer out the yanghole. But she's the perfect wife for me, and I'm blessed to have her.

Happy Anniversary, Kimbers. Love you.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love you too. May I please have some s&m for my anniversary??