Friday, October 19, 2007

Two in One!

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: The same. It's only been two hours, people!

WHAT I'M READING: Ditto.

WHAT I'M WATCHING: Just finished the Thursday night MLS Primetime game on ESPN2. Great game betwixt New York Red Bulls and Los Angeles Galaxy.

YOU say you love you some movie awards, even ten months past due? Then have I got the thing for you! Check out this link, bitches. http://jeffawards.blogstream.com/

That takes you to my other blog, the even less visited Jeff Awards. What are the Jeff Awards you ask with absolutely no caring in your voice? Well, I love me some movies. And I love movie awards. I also like pizza, soccer, and sex with my wife. But those are all different blogs. Check out these links if that interests you:

http://jefflikeypizzapies.blogstream.com/
http://jeffloveshimsomesoccer.blogstream.com/
http://jefflovesdoggystyle.blogstream.com/

(not real blogs)

Every year I compile a list of 100 films to watch from the previous calendar year. I watch the 100 movies, some with the wife. After I've viewed 100 movies (this year it took roughly nine months) I list my Jeff Award nominees on the other blog (g'head, check it out-that baby's collecting dust). I watch the five best films one more time before deciding on the winners. I post them and prove that if a tree falls in the forest nobody will care. Not at all.

But I enjoy it, so there. Besides, it's my blog, and I'm one of the two people on Earth who read it. So 50% of my readers love those darn Jeff Awards.

BABY NOTES:
I haven't actually studied every baby ever, but I'm ready to declare our new son Sullivan the single gasiest baby ever. It seems he's always farting. Much more than Jude did (we had to bribe those farts to make an appearance). He's still cute though.

DIRECT KICK CHALLENGE:
Because I promised it, and because you don't give a damn, here it is!

ABC-1
ESPN2-24
FSC-20
Direct Kick-64

So that's 64 games for $79, or $1.23 per game. We are entering the final weekend of the MLS season, and there are some big games on the plate. DC United, Club Deportivo Chivas USA, New England Revolution, Houston Dynamo, New York Red Bulls, and FC Dallas have already qualified. Toronto FC and Real Salt Lake are already out. The final two playoff spots are up for grabs and will be decided by Sunday afternoon. Chicago Fire, Kansas City Wizards, Columbus Crew, Colorado Rapids, and Los Angeles Galaxy are going for them.

It's gonna be good. Four games on the DVR Saturday. Playoffs start next Thursday. DC United have already clinched the Supporter's Shield as the overall points champion this season. First team to do it two years in a row. They've also clinched home field advantage, which is huge. After that first playoff game on the road, they'll be home the rest of the way as long as they are in it, with MLS Cup 2007 being at RFK.

San Jose Earthquakes will be coming back to MLS in 2008, and it looks like Seattle will have a club in 2009. Also seems like Portland and St. Louis are closer to getting into MLS.

Great time to be a fan of Major League Soccer. Potential is there for the best playoffs ever!

Be Seeing You.

No comments: