Friday, March 16, 2007

Back from the Pork Induced Coma

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: Soundtrack to "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Great stuff, especially Beck's piece and the instrumentals of Jon Brion.

WHAT I'M WATCHING: Started Babel last night with the wife. Taking a TV break before a huge football weekend. I've got all nine English Premier League games from the weekend set to DVR. The run up to the title is on! I want to see the title contenders fight for points, as well as the relegation zone clubs.

WHAT I'M READING: David Carradine's "Kill Bill Diary". Great films, and a good read.

Well, I'm back from my near death-by-pork experience. Was not fun. I'm pretty sure 80% of my arteries clogged up. A heart attack could be right around the corner. Just a few quick thoughts before a weekend with the family.

1. Finally saw Zodiac last Sunday. Awesome film. I'm a big admirer of Robert Graysmith's books on Zodiac, and this movie is probably the single best adaptation of a non-fiction piece I've seen. Great acting, great directing. Just awesome. Really got the viewer involved in the hunt for the killer, and the 158 minute running time flew by. Mrs. JC also really liked it. I can't recommend it enough.

2. Read Tyler Drumheller's "On the Brink". It's an awesome indictment of Bush & Co's handling of Iraq. Want the facts from somebody inside the CIA at the time? This is the book.

3. A lovely week. Highs in the 60's and 70's earlier in the week. It's back down in the 30's for the weekend, but the snow has all melted away. Spring is just days away!

4. Time change came Sunday. Seemed to reak some havoc on Number One Son for a few days, but he's back to a good night sleep now.

5. I didn't know the guy personally, but I find it hard to believe that St. Patrick would be all that happy that his big day means nothing more to most Americans than getting wasted on colored beer.

6. Could there be a promotion for your faithful blogger? More to come.

7. March Madness is here. Big whoop.

8. Man United has a huge game tomorrow against Bolton in the EPL. Need to get the three points and keep the pressure on Chelsea. As they say, it's the business end of the season, and Man U needs to take care of business. While still realistically involved in the hunt for another treble, the title I want most is the Premiership. Sir Alex leading the charge over the billionaire club would be an incredible win.

9. Anybody else into UFC? Me like it.

10. A brief bit on resolutions before calling it a day. I made a few for 2007. What I don't understand is why so many people feel like they have to do them all right away in the new year. I made a resolution to give up caffeine, and started on January 1st. It's gone great. I drink Sprite or Sierra Mist or water now. Actually, whenever I can, I drink Sprite Zero or Sierra Mist Free. No caffeine, no calories, and no sugar. I resolved to find a new job. The hunt is on, but I don't feel a need to have a new job by January 2nd. I resolved to lose weight/run more. Started regularly running fifteen to twenty minutes on the treadmill just this week. But that's okay. It's a resolution for 2007 of things I want to do before the year is over. Take it one resolution at a time, and I'll be more succesful at them.

Gotta run and eat some fish. But I'll be back.

Be Seeing You.

2 comments:

R.J. Keller said...

Don't knock colored beer.

JC UNITED said...

I knock all beer, Miss RJ.

Colored or not. No discrimination here.