Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A Little Game

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: A lot of "Samson" by Regina Spektor. Also, a wee bit o' "In this Heart" by Sinead O'Connor.

WHAT I'M WATCHING: Champions League, duh. Actually, waiting for todays games to start in a few hours, so might peruse some UFC 52 (that's Ultimate Fighting Championship).

WHAT I'M READING: Just started "On the Brink" by Tyler Drumheller.

For those keeping tabs, my 50% prediction rate is still going strong.

Results of yesterday's Champions League games:
Chelsea 2
Porto 1
AGG: 3-2 for Chelsea

Lyon 0
Roma 2
AGG: 2-nil for Roma

Inter Milan 0
Valencia 0
AGG: 2-2 with the away goals meaning Valencia advance

Liverpool 0
Barcelona 1
AGG: 2-2 with the away goals meaning Liverpool advance

So Chelsea, Roma, Valencia, and Liverpool are in to the quarter-finals. I had predicted Chelsea and Valencia, but missed the other two.

We'll see how I finish up today. I'm guessing, based on the Oscars and these second legs, that it'll be around 50%.

A LITTLE GAME...

Time to play a new game here at the blog. A game I like to call...

What the fuck?

Today's game is What the fuck...ever happened to Billy Ocean?

The guy wasn't the biggest selling artist of the 1980's, but he had some pretty big hits, and some good tunes.

Now I hear absolutely nothing about him. Did he die? Is he in a coma? Or did he just say "I've made enough money, screw it all I'm gonna retire!" Is Billy Ocean sitting on his own private tropical island somewhere staring out at the ocean laughing like a giddy school girl?

I want to pull a Billy Ocean! I want to just call me boss up and say "I've had enough of ice cream and humans. I'm done. I'm doing an Ocean, broheim!"

Of course, with our current finances and having a mortgage and a child, I'd only be on that magical beach one hour before heading back to the States to find a new job.

Oh well. When I've got the talent of Billy Ocean, I can do a Billy Ocean.

Until then, I'm just here playing What the fuck.

That's it for the first game. Stay tuned for more, America!

Be seeing you.

No comments: