Thursday, March 8, 2007

Three out of Four Ain't Bad (for me)

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: Stuck on "Swan" by Uncle Bob right now. Good song to stick on.

WHAT I'M WATCHING: Just finished my Champions League round of 16 games, so nothing at this moment.

A SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT:

Well, the round of sixteen is officially done now. I was at 50% on my predicts going into Wednesday's action. Here's how it turned out:

Arsenal 1
PSV Eindhoven 1
AGG: 1-2 for PSV

Bayern Munich 2
Real Madrid 1
AGG: 4-4 with Munich going through on away goals

AC Milan 1
Celtic o aet
AGG: 1-0 to Milan

Manchester United 1
Lille 0
AGG: 2-nil for United

So, I got three of the four correct (Man United, Bayern, & Milan) which isn't too bad. Out of the eight series, I got 5 out of 8 right. Damn you PSV, Liverpool, and Roma!

So these eight are through to the quarter-finals:
Chelsea
Roma
Valencia
Liverpool
PSV Eindhoven
Bayern Munich
AC Milan
Manchester United

The draw is Friday, so it will be interesting to see the matchups. Of note is that both of last year's finalists go out in this round (Barca & Arsehole).

Got a few inches of snow on Monday, but I think winter is slowly fading away. Nice and sunny today, and warm enough to roll down the window a tad. I'm confident that if it does snow again, it'll just be a dusting. I feel safe in saying that the snow blower is done for the season.

A big weekend for some major Euro derbies. Real Madrid v. Barcelona, Inter Milan v. AC Milan, and Celtic v. Rangers. Huge. Add in the FA Cup quarter-finals, and you've got one helluva football weekend.

Looks like Mrs. JC and myself will be heading to the picture show on Sunday, first time this year. Zodiac is on the agenda, and I gots to see it.

Speaking of film, for those who care about the Jeff Awards, there are 14 down and 86 to go. I'm guestimating to finish up sometime in August.

Back soon with some controversial topics!

Be Seeing You

No comments: