Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February, You Suck!

Now, I don't believe in curses, and I don't consider myself to have bad luck. I'm an optimist. Maybe too much so if you listen to Mrs. JC.

And this isn't bitching or whining. It's just stating some simple facts.

For the last seven or eight years, February has been a bitch.

If we had any financial problems in the past, it happened in February.

If we did our taxes and owed money, it happened in February.

Accidents? February.

Injuries? February.

Bad weather? February.

Just take a peak at February 2007 here at the Dung Heap.

A relatively mild winter turns into a blitzkrieg of snow. And, of course, on the second day of ten or twelve in a row with snow, my snowblower breaks. Now, it still works. But the piece that holds the rod in place that controls the blower part breaks, so the blower moves as you push it, meaning I have to stop every three feet and readjust it.

Not complaining, because it's still quicker than shoveling. But it broke, and it broke in February.

My wife discovers she's pregnant. A positive test. Four hours later, she gets a period. A miscarriage after five months of trying. February.

Driving along for work with maybe half an inch o' snow on the ground and this guy pulls out right in front of me. February. I will say that my car only had some paint chipping on the bumper compared to the damage to his, but still. An accident? February.

Sunday night the emergency lights on my dashboard come on. That isn't so bad, until you are told that my car was off and the key out. Monday morning I come out at six in the a.m. and the battery is dead. February.

I get it towed in. My place fixes it. Very cheap, all things considered. I pick it up Tuesday night and take her home. This morning I come out, start her up, and within thirty seconds all the lights go out. It drives, but no dash lights. No turn signals. No radio working. No interior lights, and no headlights. I take it back to the shop, and three hours later they fix it.

February.

Bad cold? February.

I get sick maybe once a year. I'm talking bad flu. And when it happens, 9 times out o' ten it will happen in....you guessed it, February.

I hate the month. My wife hates the month. It just never is good for us here at the Dung Heap.

And in three hours, it's over, thank whatever deity you wish to.

Which leads me to my next posting.

Be seeing you (very soon)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

February is over, baby, and we made it out alive! March is going to be so much better. I don't know how yet, but it will.