Thursday, February 22, 2007

Random Thoughts

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: A mix CD I burned to help inspire me for my next writing project screenplay. A bunch of good tunes such as "Displaced" by Azure Blue, "Passenger Seat" "Transatlantic", and "What Sarah Said" by Death Cab for Cutie, "Turn of the Century" by Pete Yorn, and a couple from Modest Mouse, "It Always Rains on a Picnic" and "Edit the Sad Parts".

WHAT I'M READING: Same thing. Issue 150 of FourFourTwo

WHAT I'M WATCHING: Just finished Celtic v. AC Milan, now up to my seventh Champions League game, Inter v. Valencia

Not much new here on the ole dung heap, so just tossing out some things floating in my head.

1. Got a cold. Colds suck. But I cannot recommend enough that the second you feel it coming, drink plenty o' liquids and make sure you take Zicam. It comes in many different forms. I would stay away from the chewable, because it's like chalk, and also stay away from the rapid melts, also like chalk. But, it works. I've used it for my last two colds, and both were gone in about 30 hours. Also, both were very mild. A tip from ole JC.

2. Only seven shopping days until Mrs. JC's birthday. The big 33. Ever since we started dating, she has always given me a countdown in February "Only (insert number here) shopping days until my birthday". I love it. However, and don't tell her this, I've already got her gifts. Had them about a week now.

3. March 3rd is the brother-in-law's marriage. Wish the couple well. They've been dating almost as long as we have. We got married after 19 months, and they are now getting married. Tis a beautiful thing.

4. DC United opened up the CONCACAF Champions Cup with a decisive 4-1 win on the road, making the second leg a mere formality. Good job, United!

5. Bought H&R Block TaxCut for the computer to do our taxes this year. $59 and you get one federal, one state, and an e-file for each. Very simple to use. Didn't get the result we wanted, but can't blame the software for that. Also, cheaper than just about any place you go. I recommend it.

6. Oscars are this Sunday. I'm sticking with my picks, but starting to read some strong mo for The Departed. I can't go against the actors, as I stated before, but wouldn't mind seeing Departed take the top prize.

7. Snow is melting. Temps are rising. Sun is shining. Days are getting longer. Can almost smell spring in the air.

8. Speaking of spring, what the hell is up with daylight savings time being moved up into March this year? What's the point of the whole thing if you can just move it around randomly.

9. Britney shaved her head. Big whoop. She's having a breakdown, who cares. I just find it amazing that she's managed to make her money hungry ex hubby look like the good parent coming out of this.

10. The end of days is here! Jersey grants legal marriage rights to gay couples! Whatever shall we do? Look, gay marriage is no big deal. Two people are in love, and consenting adults, let them marry. It's not like the gay population can do any more damage to the institution than we breeders have. I'll never understand all the hullabaloo over this non-issue.

That's all I got.

Be seeing you.

No comments: