Saturday, April 21, 2007

Best Week Ever

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: "When it's Cold I'd Like to Die" by Moby. Beautiful song.

WHAT I'M WATCHING: A few things actually. Working my way through Season Six Part One of the Sopranos. Also, just finished "The Road to Guantanamo" last night.

WHAT I'M READING: "The Art of Happiness" by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

I just hope VH-1 doesn't sue me for stealing their title for mine.

Haven't blogged this past week because I've been busy having the best week in my short lifetime.

See, our Day Care Provider spent the past week in the Bahamas, suffering through the weather. So that meant Daddy got to take a week vacation to be home with Number One Son (isn't he cute? Check out the photo at the bottom of the blog too).

Monday we spent time playing outside and did the annual Spring Cleaning of the house. Tuesday we went to the library and spent time at the park. We also had lunch with Mommy. Wednesday was more time outside. Thursday Mommy was home with us, so we went back to the library and also spent time outside. Friday was running some errands, visiting Mommy at work, and trip to the park.

Today? Well, the lawn must be mowed for the first time this year. We have to do our weekly shopping trip. Of course, there will be time outside. And tonight, after the family is tucked in for the night, I'll watch some MLS Soccer Saturday action off the DVR.

When Daddy is home, Number One Son wants to be with me. I can't even get him to take a nap (which resulted in him falling asleep while eating dinner Thursday. So we spent virtually every moment from the time he woke up until he went to bed (except for Thursday when I had to share him with Mommy) together.

And it was fantastic. A glorious vacation. My best week ever.

Some Other Things:
(1) Big victory for Man United onTuesday. So, they maintain the three point lead with five games to play. Still have the game against Chelsea, who is doing the chasing after two years of walking away with the championship. But if United can win the four other games they play (today versus Middlesborough, plus games against West Ham United, Manchester City, and Everton) they'll be champions thanks to a vastly superior goal differential over Chelski.

(2) More kudos to Man United for a victory over Watford last Saturday that booked them passage to the FA Cup Final at new Wembley.

So, keep up now, Manchester United is in first in the Premiership, into the UEFA Champions League semi-final versus AC Milan, and in the FA Cup Final versus Chelsea. A shot at another treble for Sir Alex's men. It's been a great season, and the next month is gonna be awesome.

(3) Watched the newest James Bond this week. Maybe it's just me, but I have a few problems with it. See, I like the idea of "re-starting" the series and showing his first case as 007. But if you do that, why have Judi Dench playing M? She was M in the last Bond voyage. Now you are going back to the first one, and she's M also? Don't make sense to me. So what happened? Was she M, then she got replaced by the first guy, then he got replaced, then they brough Dench back? Or are we supposed to ignore the previous 19 films now? Also, if you are going to do Bond's first adventure, why set it in the present day? The Bond films have lasted for forty years, but they all tend to have a chronological look to them. Now we've got our first Bond adventure set in 2006, forty years after the events in Dr. No happened?

Outside of that, the movie was good. Not great. Not the best Bond by a mile, but good. I like Daniel Craig in the role, and look forward to what he does with it.

(4) DC United have started with two losses, but I ain't worried. The Black and Red will get back on track, and I still see them playing for that beautiful trophy on their home pitch come November.

Be Seeing You

No comments: