Thursday, April 12, 2007

Four out of Four Ain't Bad!

WHAT I'M READING: "Happiness", a book of Buddhism.

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: Mix CD's, with many different tunes.

WHAT I'M WATCHING: Tonight, it's the premier of MLS Primetime Thursday on ESPN2. Thursday nights are the new home of MLS on ESPN2.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PREDICTIONS
...ring true!

I called all four quarter-final round series correctly.

1. Manchester United 8
Roma 3
2. Chelsea 3
Valencia 2
3. Liverpool 4
PSV Eindhoven 0
4. AC Milan 4
Bayern Munich 2

Just like I called them. For once, I'm basking in the glow of prediction perfection! It feels so good. Now if only somebody (besides my beautiful wife) was paying attention.

So that sets up a semi-final round of:
1. Manchester United v. AC Milan
2. Liverpool v. Chelsea

Still thinking over how I'm gonna call it, so my predictions will come soon.

Other stuff of note...
Not sure how I feel about Don Imus being fired. Yes, what he said was wrong. Yes, he deserved to be punished. But he was let go by his TV show and his radio show. Now the guy is unemployed. Was it really that bad? Does the punishment fit the crime? I'm not so sure.

It is highly hypocritical if any radio station that carried him now plays any song with offensive, racist type language, no matter what race the singer is.

And the public that cried out about this better start complaining to the music companies about the rap CD's that use language that harsh, and worse.

Any person of color who called for Imus' head this week better not be putting a CD with racist language in their stereo in the car.

It's fine if you think he deserved to be fired. But you should carry that anger across the board, and not just to some disc jockey who made a stupid, unfunny joke.

That's where this whole thing gets sticky. If we're gonna fire him for this, we need to be fair all over. And I don't think that's gonna happen.

Be Seeing you.

No comments: