Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Champ (League)'s here!

WHAT I'M WATCHING: Champions League today and tomorrow, but also some films. In the midst of watching an interesting documentary on Iraq War 2 vets called "The Ground Truth".

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: A lot of The Decembrists, with their album "Picaresque". Interesting, fun music. Cool in an odd way. Check it out. Also rocking out to some Nine Inch Nails "Slightly Damaged". That song will get the blood flowing.

WHAT I'M READING: Just finished "I Killed" a book about comedians on the road. Very funny stuff.

Champions League quarter-final action starts today, with the first legs over the next 48 hours.

I failed to blog my predictions before actually watching the first game of the four, but I'm sticking with what I thought heading into today.

TUESDAY:
And again, these predictions are for the complete quarter-finals, not just the first leg.

1. Bayern Munich v. AC Milan
MY PREDICTION: AC Milan. I have watched the first leg, but sticking to my guns on this one. I think Milan only have the Champions League to focus on, with the point deduction punishment pretty much taking them out of the Serie A hunt on opening day. But Munich looked good here in getting the tie.

2. Liverpool v. PSV Eindhoven
MY PREDICTION: Liverpool. PSV impressed me by knocking Arsehole out in the last round, but I don't think they can do it again. 'Pool looked awesome in knocking out Barcelona, and I think they'll stay strong here.

WEDNESDAY

3. Chelsea v. Valencia
MY PREDICTION: Chelsea. This is the toughest one to call for me, because under Mourinho, Chelsea have stumbled in the CL in the later stages. They could do it again. Yet in their current form, they just don't look like losing. It should be a very good contest.

4. Manchester United v. Roma
MY PREDICTION: Man United. C'mon, what kind of fan would I be to not go with my club? But seriously, I think they can do it. The recent rash of injuries have hurt them, but they are getting the results in the Premiership when they need them. Roma look good in the Serie A, but I'm sticking with my club.

There it is. A couple more blogs coming soon. Plus, a correction to my MLS predictions as I got the playoff format incorrect.

Be seeing you (soon).

No comments: